When a couple you’re close to reaches the impressive milestone of 50 years of marriage, you’ll likely want to say more than just ‘congratulations’. However, finding the right words to accompany a golden wedding card or gift can be challenging.
This is your opportunity to mark the passing of time and reference the love they share for each other. If you’re struggling to come up with a message that does this effectively, we’ve got some great suggestions to help.
Simple Phrases for a 50th Anniversary Message
These messages are short, simple and ideal for anniversary cards or gift cards:
- Best wishes to the golden couple.
- Congratulations on fifty years of marriage.
- To the happy couple on their golden anniversary.
- Your love is a shining example.
- Congratulations on fifty years of love and I wish you many more.
- Your love is something to celebrate.
- Fifty wonderful years!
- Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Golden Wedding Messages for Your Husband or Wife
Here are some slightly longer sentiments to share with your partner on your special day:
- You are the most amazing partner; I am blessed to have you in my life.
- Even after 50 years, I still love you more with every day that passes!
- Thank you for making me smile every day for fifty years.
- Spending 50 years of life with you have been a great ride, my love. Happy anniversary!
- Each day I see you, I fall in love with you a little bit more.
- On this special day, I want to tell you that I am incredibly fortunate to have you as my husband/wife.
- A very happy anniversary, my love!! I feel honored to have you as my better half! May we always celebrate this special day!
- My life with you has been a wonderful journey. Thank you for offering your love and support throughout its ups and downs
Golden Wedding Anniversary Messages for Family
Try these heart-warming messages when the golden couple is your Mom and Dad or close family members:
- I am grateful to have you as my father and mother; you are a great couple and I wish you a joyous anniversary.
- Here’s wishing you the best on your 50th wedding anniversary. May you have many more years of happiness, fun, and good health. Mom and Dad, congratulations!
- You’ve been holding each other’s hands and standing strong together for fifty years. Congratulations on your anniversary!!!
- My heartfelt congratulations to my dear parents on your wedding anniversary; you have always been the most wonderful couple and set a great example of love and commitment to us all.
- Looking at you two has taught me that there is such a thing as true love. Your unity brings me joy and a sense of pride in having you as my parents.
- Dear mum and dad, I can’t express how grateful I am to have such wonderful parents in my life. My heart sings with joy as I witness your love and happiness.
- Together for 50 years, through laughter, sorrow, joy and tears. You had no idea what life had in store for you, but you’ve loved each other through it all. Love you, Mom and Dad!
- Love is eternal—its appearance may change, but its essence does not. Happy anniversary my dear parents!
- When I look at your marriage and see your boundless love, I believe marriages are made in heaven. Happy Golden Anniversary!
- I’m humbled to be able to witness a love like yours. You are truly incredible. Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary!
- The years may pass, but your devotion and love for each other will last forever. Although times have changed, your love has truly stood the test of time. Congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary!
Find the perfect anniversary gifts for family.
Golden Wedding Anniversary Message for Friends
These messages are best-suited to close friends and colleagues:
- I’m excited to see you celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary and joining in your golden celebrations. May you continue to live in love and laughter as you grow old together.
- I’m sending you my congratulations and best wishes! You two are a fantastic example of how upbeat and blissful a marriage can be. Lots of love to both of you!
- Congratulations on your golden anniversary. May your life continue to be just as precious.
- Congratulations to a wonderful couple on their 50th wedding anniversary. May your next years be filled with so much fun, love, happiness, and laughter.
- It’s a great pleasure to join you in celebrating your golden wedding anniversary. Here’s wishing you more beautiful memories as your love continues to grow. Congratulations!
- I’m sending you lots of love and happiness during this amazing milestone in your married life.
- It’s a pleasure to be part of your 50th anniversary. Your marriage is a shining example to others.
- May this special golden anniversary bring you more joy, love and laughter than you could ever imagine.
- Heartiest congratulations as you celebrate your golden anniversary. I wish you lots of love and happiness in your married life.
- A 50th wedding anniversary doesn’t just mean that your marriage is 50 years old but also that your love is 50 times stronger than before. Happy 50th wedding anniversary!
- Wishing you the best of luck and a marriage full of love and enjoyment. Happy 50th wedding anniversary!
Find the perfect anniversary gift for friends.
Great 50th Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Why try and come up with something new when someone else has already said it better?
- “Love! Love until the night collapses!” – Pablo Neruda
- “Love develops more and more with the advent of the years.” – Zane Grey
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved, in return.” Eden Ahbez
- “Memories, the one thing that can never be taken away from us. Make lots of them!” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” -Torquato Tasso
- “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.” – Rumi
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
- “You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “On your Golden Anniversary, no treasure is more precious than a love grown old with time” – Unknown
- “An anniversary happens to be a celebration of partnership, trust, love, and tolerance.” – Angela Hopkins
- “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” —Barbara De Angelis
Now you have the perfect message it’s time to find the perfect 50th-anniversary gift.